5km training plans

Posted

My best 5km non race time is 20:05:00 in New Zealand I started running 2 1/2 years ago and I'm 60

Likes1

Posted

I ran my first 5k last week in 35minutes I am 42, beginner .

Advice from regular runners would be appreciated , I use Garmin and set it for run 10minutes, then a  30sec break. Is this any good?

Likes3

• maireadmccormick
    • maireadmccormick
    • I ran my first 5k last week too in 38 minutes. I am a beginner aged 57. Going to try keep it up. Advice appreciated

• 7 months ago
  • carol1957
    • carol1957
    • Wow, I am 57 aiming for 5 k but asthma and hip pain prohibiting

• 4 months ago
  • Login or Join to leave a comment.

Posted

did 5K in 29mins 20 secs at the weekend. Took 9 mins of my personal best. I think this was because I was in a out door race and not treadmill.it felt so good. 10K under the hour is my next challenge.half marathon in October.

Likes3

Posted

I'm running 5k in about 30 mins and it's really taking everything I've got! I would love to get back to my previous time of 25 mins, or better but struggling to increase pace over distance. I've tried fartlek and also doing a bit of weights/resistance training to increase muscle. Any suggestions gratefully received as I have entered 2 races over next 2 weekends. :-/

Likes0

Posted

Hi well firstly well done your doing really well. Have you tried to start off a bit slower? Or when you get to your wall instead of walking so to a really slow slow jog then once recovered pick up your speed? Im only at the 3min stage! Still finding it hard but just will not give in! Find running no a tredmill easier to out doors but then cant race on a tredmill ha ha ha.

Let me know how it goes and what you did to over come this might get a few tips myself

Likes0

Posted

Hi , I've hit a bit of a wall. Been running a few weeks now . Am at the running for 6 minutes / walking for 1 1/2 minutes stage . Can do that for 3 miles (5k) .  Have got untill 13th may to run the whole 5k without stopping . How do I break the walking out??? I still feel I need it . I can run 2 miles non stop. Any advice would be appreciated

Likes2

• Stevem
    • Stevem
    • It is a case of keeping at it and you will find the things that seemed hard originally become the norm.

• 6 months ago
  • Stevem
    • Stevem
    • You then set slightly harder targets, longer runs, better times and you slowly achieve them.

• 6 months ago
  • Stevem
    • Stevem
    • It does not happen overnight and you will have off days, or weeks.

• 6 months ago
  • Login or Join to leave a comment.